Thursday, July 24, 2008

Batman - The Dark Knight

I saw The Dark Knight over the weekend. All the reviews that say it is a 'must watch' are absolutely true.

The story is pretty fast-paced and gripping. Heath Ledger as Joker is truly amazing. Unlike Jack Nicholson's Joker who was like a caricature, this guy truly sends chills down your spine. There is also a lot of balance between all the main characters, each having a significant part to play. Joker has a lot of tricks up his sleeve which keeps you guessing. It also means that Batman has to come with a lot of stunts to counter them. Good stuff too. I guess the only thing missing is a bit of romance.
I don't want to say much more except that the Overall rating on the Mathew Rate-O-Meter 4 out of 5 stars. So just go for it asap and have a great time.

1 comment:

Devendra said...

I just saw this last night and would even give it 5/5. This was one of those rare times that I felt deeply satisfied after watching a movie. I loved it man.