Saturday, February 20, 2010

Back To The Gym

After three months, I have finally joined a gym here and have started working out. Feels really good too. I was a bit worried that I would feel lazy and not be able to go regularly. Now that I have gone four times after joining (this week), I feel confident that I am going to go regularly.

The first good thing is that it is very close to home so I can easily go in the morning. The flip side is it is cold in Delhi and getting up in the morning is a big BIG challenge. The alarm goes off at 6.30 am and then I keep on snoozing it till 7.15 am. Then it is a mad mad rush. The other good thing is that the trainers are testing me quite strenuously to check my fitness levels. Yesterday was 10 minutes of cycling, 10 minutes of running and about 5 sets of leg exercise ( X 3 sets X 12 reps). Amazingly my legs were not paining today. Ha ha ha.

My next goal is to go for a 10 km rum or a half marathon. I have joined running and living and Delhi runners but have still not been able to go for a run. The obvious reason is that I don't have a car but I suspect that I am too lazy to wake up on a holiday and head out. Which reminds that I spent 3k on a pair of Nike squash shoes and since then have not gone to play.

Another thing that keeps me going is that after coming to Delhi, I never once had a cold or fever despite the really cold winter. Even my oh so delicate stomach was in good shape. I attribute this to the time I spent in they gym and that is why I am such a big advocate of gym-ming. Fitness truly is (one of the) key to a peaceful state of body and mind.

No comments: